Fire guts TheNews, PMNews office

Image

The headquarters of a popular weekly magazine, The News, and an evening tabloid, PMNews was on Wednesday evening gutted by fire.

The fire, which started at 6.30pm, however, affected the last floor of the two-storey building on Acme Road, Lagos. It was learnt that the inferno was caused by a power surge.

 An employee of the Independent Communications Network Limited, the publishers of TheNews, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said nobody was injured in the incident.
He, however, said the fire destroyed every equipment and property in the affected floor.
He said, “The fire was very ferocious. I think the fire was caused by power surge. When the power supply was restored, the voltage was high and some employees did not switch off their systems.”
Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s